Pioneer’s summer renovation project is underway. Sabbath services will meet at Howard Performing Arts Center. Please note the Sanctuary is now closed to the general public. For updates and safety information please visit https://www.pmchurch.org/renovate/updates.
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
• Consumer debt last year (auto loans, student loans, personal loans, credit cards/not mortgages) hit a new high—just over $ .
•(How much is a trillion dollars? If you spent one dollar per second, in a day you would spend $86,400. Over the course of a year, your spending would come to more than $31.5 million. At that rate of spending, it would take you over years to spend one trillion dollars.)
• Consumer spending in the U.S. (food, gas, clothing, mortgages, electronics) last year set a new record: $ .
• Joshua Becker, “Becoming Minimalist” blog: “The numbers paint a jarring picture of excessive consumption and unnecessary accumulation. Fortunately, the solution is not difficult. The invitation to own less is an invitation to freedom, intentionality, and passion. And it can be discovered at your nearest drop-off center.” (https://www.becomingminimalist.com/clutter-stats/)
• Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Earthly gifts are given to be used, not to be . . . . [T]he disciple must receive his portion from God every day. If he stores it up as a permanent possession, he spoils not only the gift, but as well, for he sets his heart on his accumulated wealth, and makes it a barrier between himself and God. Where our treasure is, there is our trust, our security, our consolation and our God. is idolatry.” (Cost of Discipleship 194)
»#1 Life Principle—Make God .
• Matthew 6:33
• Father Abraham—“Then Abram gave him [the priest Melchizedek] a tenth of everything.” (Genesis 14:20)
• Grandson Jacob—“‘And of all that You give me I will give You a tenth.’” (Genesis 28:22)
• Lord Jesus—“‘This you ought to have done [tithing], without leaving the other undone [loving].’” (Matthew 23:23)
• Malachi 3:10-12, 8-9
• “O God, I make You my C-suite Lord!”
• Desire of Ages: “Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father’s heart. . . . Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. . . . Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me.” (57)
Make God First
Hymn Sing at the Old Rugged Cross Church
You are invited to join a hymn-sing at The Old Rugged Cross Church. We’ll be singing your favorites from the Church Hymnal, an old Adventist hymnbook. If you have one or more copies of the Church Hymnal, please bring them along to share with others. A tour of the historic site will follow immediately after the hymn-sing. For more information, contact Melchizedek Ponniah.
June 29, 4:30 - 5:30 PM
Location: 6104 Vermont Street, Pokagon, MI
Contact: Melchizedek Ponniah (269) 876-7476 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth Murdoch Rummage Sale
House or garage bursting at hte seams? Ruth Murdoch Elementary School will be accepting unwanted items for their annual Rummage Sale. Items accepted include anything from clothing to applicances, decorations to furniture, and everything in between! You donate. They sell it. All proceeds benefit the school.
Drop-off Dates: June 3 - July 2, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: 8885 Garland Ave., Berrien Springs, MI
Sale Dates: July 11, 12, 14, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: 8885 Garland Ave., Berrien Springs, MI
PMC Prayer Ministry Team Seeking New Members
Please join our PMC Prayer Ministry Team by volunteering to pray with us during 1st or 2nd service on available Sabbaths. We need you to help us intensify and grow this ministry. For more information contact Andrea Gibbs.
The annual Signs of the Times campaign has begun and continues through the month of May. Signs of the Times was first published in June, 1874, and celebrates its 145th birthday this June. Signs of the Times is a monthly magazine that encourages readers to lead joyful Christian lives as they await the soon return of Jesus. For more information about Signs of the Times, visit www.signstimes.com.