Pioneer’s summer renovation project continues. Sabbath services will meet at Howard Performing Arts Center through August 17, with our first Sabbath back at the church on August 24. Please note the Sanctuary is now closed to the general public. For updates and safety information please visit https://www.pmchurch.org/renovate/updates.
To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Dental Health Expo Volunteers Needed
The Buchanan and Niles Westside churches will be holding a Dental Health Expo and are still looking for dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants, who are certified in Michigan, to participate in this free event to the community. Please email Tyler Willey at email@example.com if you are interested in learning how you can participate.
Sunday, August 25
Location: Niles Adventist School (110 N Fairview Ave, Niles, MI)
Andrews Academy Now Enrolling Students Grades 9-12 for 2019/2020
Andrews Academy is now enrolling students in grades 9-12 for the 2019/2020 school year. We invite you to join the AA family! You will be blessed by what Andrews Academy has to offer. Students consistently score above state and national levels on their ACTs, they are involved in many spiritual and service activities throughout the school year. This Seventh-day Adventist school’s mission is to inspire our students to think deeply, live fully, serve unselfishly and to honor God completely. School begins August 19. Check-in day is August 7. Financial packages are available. Call 269.471.3138 for more information or visit www.andrews.edu/aa and click on "apply today".
Jamie Jorge Benefit Concert for Andrews Academy
Please join us for this violin concert benefitting Andrews Academy's Worthy Student Fund! Free tickets are required. You can reserve them online through the event on our web site (www.andrews.edu/aa) or our Facebook page. You can also get them at Andrews
Academ, at the door, or call 269.471.6140.
August 24, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
Andrews Academy Enrolling Students Grade 9-12
Andrews Academy is now enrolling students in grades 9 - 12 for the 2019/2020 school year. We invite you to join the AA family. You will be blessed by what Andrews Academy has to offer. Students consistently score above state and national levels on their ACTs, they are involved in many spiritual and service activities throughout the school year. AA's school mission it to inspire our students to think deeply, live fully, serve unselfishly and to honor God completely. Call AA at 269.471.3138 for more information or
visit www.andrews.edu/aa and click on "apply today." School begins August 19th, check-in day is Aug. 7. Financial packages are available.
The Health Tent
Once again we are blessed to have the chance to share in a fun and festive way healthy living info with those who visit the Health Tent at the Berrien County Youth Fair. We have the great line-up of activities for our visitors, and you and your friends/family can sign up to be part of it. Check out what we'll be doing at our website, www.HealthTent.org. On this website, you also be able to register as a volunteer and then pick which 3-hour shift you'd like to take. (If you volunteer during the Sabbath hours, you'll receive a free day pass.) We'll have training sessions in August. You'll also pick up you staff polo shirt if you don't already have one from previous years. Join us and be a blessing and receive a blessing!
Adventist Forum Conference
Though summer hasn’t officially arrived and Labor Day may seem far away, we urge you to SAVE THE DATES for our 2019 annual Adventist Forum Conference: August 30-September 1 in Orlando, Florida on the campus of AdventHealth University.
Guided by the theme of Identities: Within and Beyond the Borders of Adventism, we are looking forward to being together for a weekend which will stretch our minds and hearts, posing valuable questions and probing essential aspects of numerous identities. Here is a peek at current line-up of presenters and facilitators:
Gerald Winslow--always a terrific speaker and a key voice of reason within the church on tough issues like abortion, homosexuality and transsexuals
Edwin Hernandez--president of AdventHealth University and renowned researcher who has written a history of Hispanic Adventis
Michael Nixon--vice president for diversity at Andrews University, he will bring a panel of students to talk about how their Adventism impacts their lives
Vanessa Corredera--Shakespearan scholar now at Andrews University whose research explores issues of Otherness and diversity, particularly the intersection and representation of gender and class in contemporary Shakespearean adaptations and appropriations.
Miquel Mendez--one of the associate pastors from the Loma Linda University Church who is a terrific speaker in the tradition of Randy Roberts
Nick Zork--worship musician extraordinaire
Daniela Jean--Alex Carpenter did a podcast with her posted May 16, 2019. She is originally from Haiti, now lives in Miami and regularly hosts a JAVA event for SDAs in the Miami area where poetry, music, and food provide for an entertaining evening. She has won several regional “under forty” awards and was a 2018 EBONY magazine POWER 100 people’s choice nominee. She will be hosting our Saturday night program.
Having representatives from each Chapter participating in our conference conversations and fellowship would be superb. Keep in mind that there is a reduced fee for Early Bird Registration, so keep an eye out for details regarding discounted hotel rates as well as conference registration options.
Would love to see you soon in Orlando!
August 30 - September 1
Location: Orlando Florida
PMC Prayer Ministry Team Seeking New Members
Please join our PMC Prayer Ministry Team by volunteering to pray with us during 1st or 2nd service on available Sabbaths. We need you to help us intensify and grow this ministry. For more information contact Andrea Gibbs.