The Tai Chi class that meets in the James White Library on Wednesdays at 4:30 will be suspended until April 16. It will resume on April 17.
Yes Can Do
How to Pray with an Attitude
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
"YES CAN DO: How to Pray with an Attitude"
Act One—Joshua 10:1-5
- Ephesians 6:10-12
- Ellen White: "Could our eyes be opened, and could each see the conflict of angelic agencies with the Satanic confederacy, who are combined with evil human agencies, what astonishment would come upon the soul. The holy angels are working with terrible intensity for the salvation of men, because the destroyer of souls is seeking to make of no effect the salvation which has been purchased at infinite cost. Could our spiritual vision be opened, we should see that which would never be effaced from the memory as long as life should last. We should see souls bowed down under oppression, loaded with grief and pressed down as a cart beneath the sheaves, and ready to die in discouragement. We should see angels flying swiftly to aid the tempted ones who stand as on the brink of a precipice. These tempted souls are unable to help themselves, and avoid the ruin which threatens them; but the angels of God are forcing back the evil angels, and guiding the souls away from the dangerous places, to plant their feet on a sure foundation. We should see battles going on between the two armies, as real as those fought by opposing forces on earth.” (Signs of the Times October 29, 1894)
Act Two—Joshua 10:6-8
- Anne Lamott: "There's freedom in hitting bottom, in seeing that you won't be able to save or rescue your daughter, her spouse, his parents, or your career, relief in admitting you've reached the place of great unknowing. This is where restoration can begin, because when you're still in the state of trying to fix the unfixable, everything bad is engaged: the chatter of your mind, the tension of your physiology, all the trunks and wheel-ons you carry from the past. It's exhausting, crazy-making. Help. Help us walk through this. Help us come through. It is the first great prayer." (Help Thanks Wow: The Three Essential Prayers 14-15)
- Ellen White: "[We] are to contend with supernatural forces, but [we] are assured of supernatural help. All the intelligences of heaven are in this army. And more than angels are in the ranks. The Holy Spirit, the representative of the Captain of the Lord's host, comes down to direct the battle. Our infirmities may be many, our sins and mistakes grievous; but the grace of God is for all who seek it with contrition. The power of Omnipotence is enlisted in behalf of those who trust in God." (Desire of Ages 352)
- 2 Corinthians 10:4
- Sidlow Baxter: "Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our own persons—but they are helpless against our prayers."
- Ellen White: "Satan knows better than God's people the power that they can have over him when their strength is in Christ. When they humbly entreat the mighty Conqueror for help, the weakest believer in the truth, relying firmly upon Christ, can successfully repulse Satan and all his host." (Testimonies to the Church 1:341)
- John 15:5—"For without Me you can do nothing."
- Revelation 12:11—"They triumphed over him [the Satan Dragon] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."
- Ellen White: "Tell him [Satan] of the blood of Jesus, that cleanses from all sin. You cannot save yourself from the tempter's power, but he trembles and flees when the merits of that precious blood are urged." (Testimonies to the Church 5:317)
Act Three—Joshua 10:9-14
- John Dawson: "The prayer of a human being can alter history by releasing legions of angels into the earth. If we really grasped this truth, we would pray with intensity, and we would pray constantly." (Taking Our Cities for God 140)
YES CAN DO because HE CAN DO
Pioneer Memorial Church is pleased to announce the beginning of its renovation project! You will soon start to see construction traffic and work being done to our roof. Our goal is to complete the project by the start of the fall school semester. In order to accomplish this our timeline needed to be adjusted. Starting Monday, March 25, scaffolding will begin to be assembled on the north and south sides of the church. Roof work will begin on or around April 1 along with adjustments to interior lighting. For your safety, please observe all posted signage related to construction areas. For the most updated information regarding construction, safety, and use of the church, please go to www.pmchurch.org/renovate/updates . If your question isn’t answered there, you may also email email@example.com or call the church office at (269)471-3133.
University Wellness will be having its 4th Annual Wellness Fest right after Spring Break! (March 25 - 29) You will not want to miss it! It will be a week packed with activities such as therapy dogs, pop-up food booths, pop-up workouts, a fit flash, a plank challenge and so much more! Be a part of making Andrews the healthiest University in the world!
This event is one of the highlights of the year for our campus and community. Each year we have about 5000 or more visitors who attend. There will be about 20 international clubs and organizations participating as vendors, and there will be a large variety of food. Purchase your tickets for food at the entrance of the Johnson Gymnasium. Come experience the celebration of food from around the world.
March 31, 12:00 - 7:00 PM
Location: Johnson Gym
Tickets are now available at the Howard Center Box Office or online. Free Admission but tickets are required. The United States Air Force Band of Mid-America Concert Band represents the professionalism and excellence found every day throughout the Air Force. This diverse, 45-piece ensemble's repertoire ranges from symphonic band masterworks to traditional marches, to modern compositions, to pops and jazz. During a concert, you are likely to hear stirring works from contemporary composers as well as the familiar sounds of John Philip Sousa or Major Glenn Miller. The band also features a talented vocal soloist, performing a wide variety of popular, classical and patriotic selections.
April 8, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
Experience the thrilling story of Jesus—a staged storytelling of the entire Gospel of Mark returns to South Bend. Save the date and invite your friends and family to experience Jesus. Free admission. It will be held at South Bend First SDA Church, 1936 Altgeld Street, South Bend, IN.
April 13, 5:00 PM
Location: South Bend First SDA Church
Ten years ago Sidewalk Prophets released their first album "These Simple Truths." The songs from that album have dramatically impacted their ministry and their lives resulting in their ability to travel the world, meet amazing people, and hear powerful stories. They have been able to see Christ at work in so many ways. Today, Sidewalk Prophets wants to take those miles on the road and the stories they have heard and compiled and share them with you. Sidewalk Prophets is bringing their "These Simple Truths Tour" to Berrien Springs, Michigan. Help us spread the word! It is going to be an incredible experience!
April 28, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
The Pioneer Traffic Team is in need of volunteers to commit one Sabbath a month to help with the flow of traffic during Sabbath services. If interested or for more information, call or text (732) 379-1300.
Kindergarten Parent Night at RMES
Come meet Mrs. Curnutt and check out the developmental, hands-on program. Get a $50 coupon for tuition credit. Enjoy refreshments & meet other parents.
April 2, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Kindergarten Visitor's Day at RMES
There will be singing & worship, crafts & stories, P.E. & music classes, play in some of 20+ centers and have outdoor play time.
April 3, 8:15 - 11:30 AM
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Call (269) 471-3225 to register.
We need an individual willing to volunteer 8-10 hours per week to keep the WIN! Wellness web site updated. If you are interested or need to ask questions, please contact Candice at the email provided. Please make application to John Youngberg and Candice Hollingsead at the following email address. Tell us why you are interested and what skills you can bring to the task.
Contact: Candice Hollingsead - firstname.lastname@example.org