The Tai Chi class that meets in the James White Library on Wednesdays at 4:30 will be suspended until April 16. It will resume on April 17.
Ground Zero and the New Reformation
How to Be Baptized with the Holy Spirit - Part 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"Ground Zero and the New Reformation:
How to Be Baptized with the Holy Spirit"—2
Jesus—"If you then who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him [GK—continually]."
"Morning by morning [Jesus] communicated with His Father in heaven, receiving from Him daily a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit."
(Signs of the Times November 21, 1895)
- One Story
- Matthew 25:1-13
- Helmut Haubeil: "The lamps of the foolish virgins that only burned for a short time show us that they did have something from the Holy Spirit. But it wasn’t enough. There was too little oil. That was the difference." (Steps to Personal Revival: Being Filled with the Holy Spirit 33)
- "When the five came asking to be let in, Jesus answered: ‘I do not know you.’ They were too late in attending to the oil, the Holy Spirit. The door remained closed. Jesus’ statement shows us that our personal relationship with has something to do with the Holy Spirit." (Ibid)
- A Letter
- Revelation 3:14-20
- Question: Why did Jesus call the believers in the church of Laodicea lukewarm?
- Answer: Because they kept Him .
- 1 John 3:24—"The one who keeps God’s commands lives in [Christ] and He in them. And this is how we know that He lives in us: We know it by the He gave us."
- Note this carefully: When we have the , we have Jesus.
- Romans 8:9—"If anyone does not have the of Christ, they do not belong to Christ."
- Note this carefully: When we don’t have the, we don’t have Jesus.
- Because the Holy Spirit is all about a very relationship with Jesus.
- Three Groups
- #1—The person—no relationship with God (in Laodicea called ).
- #2—The person—full, genuine, real relationship with God (in Laodicea called /10 virgins ).
- #3—The person—divided, feigned or pretended relationship with God (in Laodicea called /10 virgins )
- 1 Corinthians 2:14-3:3
- Helmut Haubeil: "Paul addressed the carnal people as ‘dear brothers’ [15:58]. This shows that he was dealing with church members. Paul couldn’t speak to them ‘as to spiritual people’ . . . [meaning] they weren’t filled with the Holy Spirit or weren’t sufficiently filled with the Holy Spirit. He had to speak to them as ‘babes in Christ.’ This shows that they haven’t grown in faith as they should have. A person can have great biblical knowledge and still not grow spiritually." (33)
- "Carnal church members can be very active and even have leading positions in the local church or even in the church administration. They may even do a lot for God." (Ibid)
- Jesus: "Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name and in Your name drive out demons and in Your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you.’" (Matthew 7:22-23)
- "Spiritual growth has to do with our complete dedication to Jesus and a constant life in the Holy Spirit." (Ibid)
- John 15:4—"Abide in Me as I abide in you."
- Desire of Ages: "Abiding in Christ means a receiving of His Spirit, a life of unreserved surrender to His service."
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock" —Jesus
For study guide answers download the Study Guide PDF
Pioneer Memorial Church is pleased to announce the beginning of its renovation project! You will soon start to see construction traffic and work being done to our roof. Our goal is to complete the project by the start of the fall school semester. In order to accomplish this our timeline needed to be adjusted. Starting Monday, March 25, scaffolding will begin to be assembled on the north and south sides of the church. Roof work will begin on or around April 1 along with adjustments to interior lighting. For your safety, please observe all posted signage related to construction areas. For the most updated information regarding construction, safety, and use of the church, please go to www.pmchurch.org/renovate/updates . If your question isn’t answered there, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (269)471-3133.
University Wellness will be having its 4th Annual Wellness Fest right after Spring Break! (March 25 - 29) You will not want to miss it! It will be a week packed with activities such as therapy dogs, pop-up food booths, pop-up workouts, a fit flash, a plank challenge and so much more! Be a part of making Andrews the healthiest University in the world!
This event is one of the highlights of the year for our campus and community. Each year we have about 5000 or more visitors who attend. There will be about 20 international clubs and organizations participating as vendors, and there will be a large variety of food. Purchase your tickets for food at the entrance of the Johnson Gymnasium. Come experience the celebration of food from around the world.
March 31, 12:00 - 7:00 PM
Location: Johnson Gym
Tickets are now available at the Howard Center Box Office or online. Free Admission but tickets are required. The United States Air Force Band of Mid-America Concert Band represents the professionalism and excellence found every day throughout the Air Force. This diverse, 45-piece ensemble's repertoire ranges from symphonic band masterworks to traditional marches, to modern compositions, to pops and jazz. During a concert, you are likely to hear stirring works from contemporary composers as well as the familiar sounds of John Philip Sousa or Major Glenn Miller. The band also features a talented vocal soloist, performing a wide variety of popular, classical and patriotic selections.
April 8, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
Experience the thrilling story of Jesus—a staged storytelling of the entire Gospel of Mark returns to South Bend. Save the date and invite your friends and family to experience Jesus. Free admission. It will be held at South Bend First SDA Church, 1936 Altgeld Street, South Bend, IN.
April 13, 5:00 PM
Location: South Bend First SDA Church
Ten years ago Sidewalk Prophets released their first album "These Simple Truths." The songs from that album have dramatically impacted their ministry and their lives resulting in their ability to travel the world, meet amazing people, and hear powerful stories. They have been able to see Christ at work in so many ways. Today, Sidewalk Prophets wants to take those miles on the road and the stories they have heard and compiled and share them with you. Sidewalk Prophets is bringing their "These Simple Truths Tour" to Berrien Springs, Michigan. Help us spread the word! It is going to be an incredible experience!
April 28, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
The Pioneer Traffic Team is in need of volunteers to commit one Sabbath a month to help with the flow of traffic during Sabbath services. If interested or for more information, call or text (732) 379-1300.
Kindergarten Parent Night at RMES
Come meet Mrs. Curnutt and check out the developmental, hands-on program. Get a $50 coupon for tuition credit. Enjoy refreshments & meet other parents.
April 2, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Kindergarten Visitor's Day at RMES
There will be singing & worship, crafts & stories, P.E. & music classes, play in some of 20+ centers and have outdoor play time.
April 3, 8:15 - 11:30 AM
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Call (269) 471-3225 to register.
We need an individual willing to volunteer 8-10 hours per week to keep the WIN! Wellness web site updated. If you are interested or need to ask questions, please contact Candice at the email provided. Please make application to John Youngberg and Candice Hollingsead at the following email address. Tell us why you are interested and what skills you can bring to the task.
Contact: Candice Hollingsead - email@example.com