The Pioneer Traffic Team is in need of volunteers to commit one Sabbath a month to help with the flow of traffic during Sabbath services. If interested or for more information, call or text (732) 379-1300.
If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What's Going 2 Happen 2 the USA
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
#RxF4Now—If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What’s Going 2 Happen 2 the USA?
- Elijah Mvundura: “Primal passions: fear, egoism, anger, and hatred, the kind that Mussolini and Hitler exploited and mobilized, are once again potent factors in the politics of Western democracies. Driving these passions is the same disillusionment with liberal democracy, the same gnawing sense of overwhelming crisis that things are falling apart and the center cannot hold. The parallels with Europe in the 1920s are ominously striking.” “. . . not only do we have a thoroughly interconnected and interdependent global economy—social media connects people globally, which allows them to speak with one voice. Now imagine a catastrophic global economic collapse against a background of social unrest, radical jihadist and anarchist violence, hordes of extremists inflaming passions and speeches, blogs or tweets of demagogues going viral; and new totalitarianisms become conceivable. As a matter of fact, democracy has been in retreat worldwide. This drift toward authoritarianism brings to mind Christ’s words, ‘If people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?’” (Liberty May/June 2016 p 6)
- Premise #1—God is in —He .
- Daniel 2:19-22
- Portrayal of God #1—He is the ultimate .
- Desire of Ages: “But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God’s purposes know no haste and no delay.” (32)
- Portrayal of God #2—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #3—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #4—He is the ultimate .
- Review and Herald 8-5-1902: “Those who place themselves under God’s control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady trend of events ordained by Him to take place.”
- Premise #2—God’s purpose in Earth politics is always to display His as revealed in His who carry out His .
- Daniel 2:46, 47
- Daniel 3:28, 29
- Daniel 4:37
- Daniel 5:22
- Daniel 6:26, 27
- Premise #3—God expects political leaders—no matter their religious persuasion (or the lack thereof)—to abide by the principles of .
- Proverbs 14:34—“[right-doing] exalts a nation, but [wrong-doing] condemns any people.”
- Proverbs 16:12—“Kings detest wrongdoing, for a throne is established through [right-doing].”
- Proverbs 20:28—“and faithfulness keep a king safe; through his throne is made secure.”
- Proverbs 24:11-12 The Message: “Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help. If you say, ‘Hey, that’s none of my business,’ will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know—someone not impressed with weak excuses.”
- “The Lord has done more for the United States than for any other country upon which the sun shines. Here He provided an asylum for His people, where they could worship Him according to the dictates of conscience. Here Christianity has progressed in its purity.” (Maranatha 193)
- “The Bible was held as the foundation of faith, the source of wisdom, and the charter of liberty. Its principles were diligently taught in the home, in the school, and in the church, and its fruits were manifest in thrift, intelligence, purity, and temperance. . . . It was demonstrated that the principles of the Bible are the surest safeguards of national greatness.” (Great Controversy 296)
- “As nations forget God, in like proportion they become weak morally. . . . It is sin that is ruining nations today. . . . A disregard for God’s law has brought the sure result.” (Character Sketches from the Life of Daniel 45)
- 5T 713
“Once to every man and nation
comes the moment to decide,
in the strife of truth with falsehood,
for the good or evil side.”
—James Russell Lowell
Kindergarten Parent Night at RMES
Come meet Mrs. Curnutt and check out the developmental, hands-on program. Get a $50 coupon for tuition credit. Enjoy refreshments & meet other parents.
April 2, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Kindergarten Visitor's Day at RMES
There will be singing & worship, crafts & stories, P.E. & music classes, play in some of 20+ centers and have outdoor play time.
April 3, 8:15 - 11:30 AM
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Call (269) 471-3225 to register.
We need an individual willing to volunteer 8-10 hours per week to keep the WIN! Wellness web site updated. If you are interested or need to ask questions, please contact Candice at the email provided. Please make application to John Youngberg and Candice Hollingsead at the following email address. Tell us why you are interested and what skills you can bring to the task.
Contact: Candice Hollingsead - firstname.lastname@example.org
On Wednesday (March 13), the 26-member youth missions team flew to Beirut, Lebanon for missions and ministry. The team will conduct the week of spiritual emphasis at Middle East University and the local Adventist elementary school and academy. These schools have a minority Adventist population. Our mission team includes 16 physical therapy students and clinicians led by Kim Ferreira, chair of the Physical Therapy department, who will be partnering with a medical clinic for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and the local population. As special aspect of the mission will be partnering with John Bradshaw and the It Is Written team conducting evangelistic meetings. Thank you for your support of PMC Youth Missions and we solicit your fervent prayers for God to do a mighty work in this challenging mission field. For further information contact the mission team director, Glenn Russell.
Contact: Glenn Russell - email@example.com
Now that N2N (neighbor to neighbor) thrift store is now open every Wednesday, we need more volunteers!
We need volunteers in the following areas: cashier, sorting clothes, general organizing, praying with customers (Spanish and English speaking volunteers needed), unloading donations, sorting donations, restocking shelves & clothing racks, vacuuming, dusting, food shelving and more! Pray for us and please consider volunteering at neighbor to neighbor thrift store and client services Monday through Thursday any time between 9-5.
The evening of March 9 had no lack of options for activities and entertainment around the campus and community, yet the Family Life Committee hosted a good crowd for a Game Night in the Commons. The evening began with Pastor Ben sharing the importance of gathering together not only as literal families, but also as a church family. In a church our size, not only is it a blessing to get to know the people we worship with week after week, but it's important to our cohesiveness and connection to each other in Jesus. While Pastor Ben was talking with us, his son, Arlo, ran up to him to be picked up as if to emphasize the point his daddy was making. It's good to be with family, whether we're family by blood, family by choice, or family through Christ.
After sundown, out came an incredibly wide variety of games: Clue Jr., Yahtzee, Journey to Egypt, Bible Bingo, Rummikub, Scattergories, Connect 4, and even a game called "Farkle", to name just a few. Kids also burned off energy by playing Hide & Seek and Tag. Everyone had plenty of snacks & beverages to keep their energy up during their grueling matches. Laughter, groans, cheers, and a lot of good conversation went on until the last call for snacks was announced. Clean-up was quick & easy thanks to those who stayed behind to help pick up food, wash and dry dishes, wipe down and put away tables and chairs, vacuum, sweep, and empty trash before locking up for the evening. Watch for future events from your Family Life Committee!
N2N (Neighbor to Neighbor) Thrift Store will now be open EVERY Wednesday beginning in March. March 6 we will still have 50% off for the first Wednesday of the month as before. The following Wednesdays, each week will feature a different Wednesday FLASH SALE yet to be determined. N2N Thrift store is open to the public and hours are Tuesday, WEDNESDAY, and Thursday 10am-6pm. N2N Client Services hours are Tuesday, and Thursday 10am-3pm. We are located across from the Berrien County Youth Fair near Apple Valley in Berrien Springs.
After 60 years of strict communist rule, the doors have opened to equip Cuban pastors and Bible workers with crucial resources like technology, transportation, and ministry materials. Help today by adopting a project like a computer, a smartphone, a bike, or tablet. In addition, we are also conducting a special musical instrument drive. Bring these items to the church and visit www.CareforCuba.org to donate online. Your donation of any amount is 100% tax deductible. For more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Andrews University Band & Keyboard Festival this year includes nearly 100 academy students from four states and Canada. The festival band will be directed by Byron Graves, performing Sacred Suite by Brant Karrick, Simple Gifts by Frank Ticheli, and more. The festival keyboard students are under the direction of Chi Yong Yun, and will perform a variety of selections. Admission is free.
March 2, 4:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
PMC Health Ministries offers free co-ed exercise classes for anyone 18+ years old:
ToBoFit (Total Body Fitness)
Tuesday & Thursday • 5:00-5:50 PM
Lamson Hall Health Club Aerobics Room
Monday & Wednesday • 7:30-8:15 AM
AU Beaty Pool (free admission to class members)
Wednesday • 4:30 - 5:00 PM
James White Library (begins mid-Jan.)
Check www.healthtent.org for updates.