Adult Sabbath School teachers, you may pick up next quarters Sabbath School lesson quarterly for your class at the lower level Welcome Center beginning today. If you are a member of PMC and not a member of a Sabbath School class, you may pick up no more than two quarterlies. Please complete the sign-out sheet if you are not a class member.
If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What's Going 2 Happen 2 the USA
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
#RxF4Now—If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What’s Going 2 Happen 2 the USA?
- Elijah Mvundura: “Primal passions: fear, egoism, anger, and hatred, the kind that Mussolini and Hitler exploited and mobilized, are once again potent factors in the politics of Western democracies. Driving these passions is the same disillusionment with liberal democracy, the same gnawing sense of overwhelming crisis that things are falling apart and the center cannot hold. The parallels with Europe in the 1920s are ominously striking.” “. . . not only do we have a thoroughly interconnected and interdependent global economy—social media connects people globally, which allows them to speak with one voice. Now imagine a catastrophic global economic collapse against a background of social unrest, radical jihadist and anarchist violence, hordes of extremists inflaming passions and speeches, blogs or tweets of demagogues going viral; and new totalitarianisms become conceivable. As a matter of fact, democracy has been in retreat worldwide. This drift toward authoritarianism brings to mind Christ’s words, ‘If people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?’” (Liberty May/June 2016 p 6)
- Premise #1—God is in —He .
- Daniel 2:19-22
- Portrayal of God #1—He is the ultimate .
- Desire of Ages: “But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God’s purposes know no haste and no delay.” (32)
- Portrayal of God #2—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #3—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #4—He is the ultimate .
- Review and Herald 8-5-1902: “Those who place themselves under God’s control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady trend of events ordained by Him to take place.”
- Premise #2—God’s purpose in Earth politics is always to display His as revealed in His who carry out His .
- Daniel 2:46, 47
- Daniel 3:28, 29
- Daniel 4:37
- Daniel 5:22
- Daniel 6:26, 27
- Premise #3—God expects political leaders—no matter their religious persuasion (or the lack thereof)—to abide by the principles of .
- Proverbs 14:34—“[right-doing] exalts a nation, but [wrong-doing] condemns any people.”
- Proverbs 16:12—“Kings detest wrongdoing, for a throne is established through [right-doing].”
- Proverbs 20:28—“and faithfulness keep a king safe; through his throne is made secure.”
- Proverbs 24:11-12 The Message: “Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help. If you say, ‘Hey, that’s none of my business,’ will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know—someone not impressed with weak excuses.”
- “The Lord has done more for the United States than for any other country upon which the sun shines. Here He provided an asylum for His people, where they could worship Him according to the dictates of conscience. Here Christianity has progressed in its purity.” (Maranatha 193)
- “The Bible was held as the foundation of faith, the source of wisdom, and the charter of liberty. Its principles were diligently taught in the home, in the school, and in the church, and its fruits were manifest in thrift, intelligence, purity, and temperance. . . . It was demonstrated that the principles of the Bible are the surest safeguards of national greatness.” (Great Controversy 296)
- “As nations forget God, in like proportion they become weak morally. . . . It is sin that is ruining nations today. . . . A disregard for God’s law has brought the sure result.” (Character Sketches from the Life of Daniel 45)
- 5T 713
“Once to every man and nation
comes the moment to decide,
in the strife of truth with falsehood,
for the good or evil side.”
—James Russell Lowell
Christmas Eve at PMC: The Gift. The Christmas story of God's gift to humanity, for all ages.
December 15, 5:00 PM
Location: PMC Sanctuary
Start the New Year right! Come and enjoy PMC’s 10 Days of Prayer from January 1-10 in the Youngberg home, 4731 Greenfield Drive in Berrien Springs, MI. This is the 29th consecutive year. Each session begins at 6:00 PM. We will be praying for your requests and for an abundant outpouring of the Latter Rain. There will be special handouts for attendees each session. Bring your Bible.
The topics are:
- Jan. 1 “For Such a Time as This”
- Jan. 2 “My Sheep Hear My Voice”
- Jan. 3 “Faith is the Victory”
- Jan. 4 “His Name Shall Be Called WONDERFUL”
- Jan. 5 “Toning up my Flabby Spiritual Muscles”
- Jan. 6 “Snacking on Spiritual Food or Enjoying a Full Course Meal?”
- Jan. 7 “Exceedingly Abundantly Above All that We ASK or Think”
- Jan. 8 “And the Earth Was Illuminated with His Glory”
- Jan. 9 “These Follow the Lamb Wherever He Goes”
- Jan. 10 “You Are My Hiding Place”
January 1-10, 6:00 PM
Location: 4731 Greenfield Drive, Berrien Springs, MI
On behalf of the thirteen churches in southwestern Michigan, we’re delighted to host Pavel Goia, editor Ministry magazine and international prayer conference speaker, on Sabbath, January 5, 2019. Pastor Goia was featured significantly in Ron Clouzet’s Adventism’s Greatest Need because of a resurrection he and his wife sought and received from God. A man of bold prayer and intercession, Pastor Pavel is the right preacher to lead us into an uncertain New Year globally, nationally and even locally. He will preach in both the 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services at Pioneer, and in between will preach in the Berrien Springs Spanish Church (10:30 AM). An afternoon district-wide prayer conference will follow here at Pioneer (3:00 PM). Mark your calendar, and let us discover how to make collective prayer our high priority in 2019.
January 5, 9:00 AM & 11:45 AM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church
You are invited to an evening of popular Christmas music on Saturday, December 15, at 7:00pm at the Howard Performing Arts Center on the campus of Andrews University. Join us as we bring in the holidays with a variety of well-known Christmas songs including a grand finale played by the combined musical groups.
December 15, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
Please join us at the Howard Performing Arts Center for our annual Christmas programs. The Vocal Christmas program is 7:00 PM on December 18 and the Instrumental program is at 7:00 PM on December 19.
December 18 & 19
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 Dwight K. Nelson, Lead Pastor at Pioneer Memorial Church, took the pastoral team and their families on a Christmas excursion. Following a delightful meal, they headed to a nearby ice skating rink. The team is thankful for the time together!
Seasons cheer was in the crisp, cool air as the pastor's kids and the rest of the team circled around the rink. A few huddled on the sidelines while laughing, taking pictures, and waving through the merry gang of PMC skaters. Almost an hour after getting on the ice, Pastor Nelson incurred an injury to his right hip and right shoulder. Everyone is thankful that he did not hit his head on the ice.
The staff from the arena responded professionally, assessing the situation and calling for the paramedics. They even responded warmly to the suggestion from one of the other pastors. That suggestion was that along with the paramedics, they include a local marching band to escort him to a local hospital where he would get x-rays taken. (unfortunately, they were not available). On arriving at the hospital, they were received and attended with great care. Thank you to all who work in medical services for the professionalism and attentiveness you offer your patients.
As of December 3, Pastor Dwight went through his first successful surgery for his hip, and on December 5 he is scheduled to go into surgery again to attend to his shoulder. During this season we are reminded of many things, but today we are thankful that even through the disruptions this life brings God is watching over us. He is the Lead Physician and the Loving Shepherd.
We welcome your prayers and cards. We have set up a CaringBridge site (www.caringbridge.org/visit/dwightnelson) to read updates as they are made available and for you to leave your words of encouragement (we are not setting up a donation portal through CaringBridge). At the present time, we are asking for no-one to visit so that Pastor Dwight can have the necessary rest and recovery important in these early days post surgery. If you have care packages or cards, please feel free to deliver them to the church office. The pastoral staff will ensure they are delivered.
The Honduras mission team needs a used violin and children's recorders (or funds to buy some) for the children's home in Honduras. We want to share the joy of music with these precious children.
Contact: Glenn Russell - email@example.com
The funeral dinner team needs additional helpers to bring food and/or work in the kitchen. If you would like to assist in this way, please contact Pat Erhard at (260) 471-7366 or the church office at (269) 471-6565.